A man can tell you he loves you but it's his actions that show you he really understands what love is.
Yesterday, my man went off on a bike ride without me. He had made plans -- I was invited but not able to go because of the kids -- last week for the ride. I was jealous and irritated that he decided to go without me. So I was pouting and being stoopid. He told me he felt bad because obviously I was upset. I replied that I was being iditotic and he just needed to ignore me, because let's face it -- I WAS being totally juvenile and deserved to be just ignored for my behavior.
I ran some errands (medicine for the one with strep throat, pick up the other from water polo practice) and when I returned home, he wasn't back yet. I expected him to stay away because of my idiocy before he left. I text messaged an apology earlier, and was disheartened to find he was still gone, but I sucked it up and started dinner preparations. I really thought it would be hours before he returned.
To my delight, he came home not 15 minutes after I did. I ran to the stairs as he came up from the garage and said "YAY! You're home!" and gave him a big squeeze and many kisses. He changed out of his wet cycling gear (it was raining hard!) into his jammies and came into the kitchen to help with dinner. There was a point where we were trying to decide the quickest way to get the chicken done where I could have snapped at him and been sarcastic and cold (the way I USED to treat the ex BTW) but I reigned myself in and the night ended very warm and loving.
See? He makes me a better person. Whereas before I would have milked the bad feelings - mostly with myself for being so selfish and childish about him going off without me - these days I move through those feelings, discard them instead of hanging on to them, and proceed to remind myself what it is about him that makes me happy. HIM being happy makes me happy. Me sulking gets us no where so I no longer indulge in that behavior. Its a waste of our precious time together.
3.08.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment