2.08.2007

Resolved

May it hereby be declared that our "issue" is resolved.


THANK. FUCKING. GOD.

The kids were the center of it. I was so freakin' stressed out when the kids were home and it was because he'd get all quiet and remote; his silent dismay at them being around was palpable to me. He would focus on his computer entire evenings at a time. He always managed to schedule his social activities when they were with us for the week. This did two things, took away our "family" time AND made me miss out on visiting friends. And it seemed the only time he said anything about them was to tell me "So and so did this." or "Isn't so and so grounded from the phone?" or "Jeez, so and so really makes a lot of noise."

I just couldn't handle it any longer. When I tried to talk to him about it, he clammed up.

Not. One. Word.

Which scared the bejeezus out of me because I had NO idea what he was thinking and of course I always think worse-case scenario and that would be him leaving.

But I wasn't happy. I was snippy and grouchy and bitchy. I had no tolerance for him even when the kids WEREN'T around. It just wasn't good....

When we had the talk, it was me - being miserable, trying to explain myself and WHY I felt the way I felt. He kept calling me on using words like "always" and "never" like it was a symantics issue, not a him-being-an-ass issue. I went to bed that night defeated. I didn't feel any better. I didn't know HOW things were going to turn out.

However, much, MUCH unlike my ex-husband, he actually listened. He made changes. He put forth effort. And really it was kind of a shock. A slow, dawning realization that this is NOT my old relationship. This is a person that cares enough to make concrete changes in his behavior FOR ME.

He cares. He loves me enough to actually DO SOMETHING about it.

I am a happy girl once again.


And his cock knows it. ;D

No comments: